Little did we realize that we were starting to see some of the effects of the flood from last week and into last weekend that caused several parishes in the state of Louisiana to declare a state of emergency. In fact, we were going into Bossier City-Shreveport, which was right at the epicenter of the flooding late last week.
Boy was it a good thing that we didn’t do the trip in reverse (clockwise) as originally planned, because we would’ve really been screwed with the flooding there. Plus, we would’ve really been screwed at the Texas-Louisiana border along the I-10 since they closed it this morning due to high water from all the runoff that went from northern Louisiana to southern Louisiana. It was amazing to think that just three days ago, we had crossed that stretch of interstate to get to New Orleans from Austin.
It took a while to get from the Hwy 1 onto I-49, but when we got onto that interstate, it was pretty smooth going as we could use the cruise control and just pay attention to the road as well as the cops. And in one moment, there was a cop right in the center of the interstate.
When I saw his siren go on, I had this sinking feeling that he…
- Day 1 (March 9, 2016 – Austin, Texas): “Making It Happen Despite The Setbacks”
- Day 2 (March 10, 2016 – Austin, Texas): “Battle of Wills”
- Day 3 (March 11, 2016 – Austin, Texas): “Austin 3:16”
- Day 4 (March 12, 2016 – New Orleans, Louisiana): “Worth the Wait”
- Day 5 (March 13, 2016 – New Orleans, Louisiana): “A Different Kind of City”
- Day 6 (March 14, 2016 – New Orleans, Louisiana): “The Creole Culture”
- Day 7 (March 15, 2016 – Bossier City, Louisiana): “Aftermath of the Flood”
- Day 8 (March 16, 2016 – Clarksville, Arkansas): “Little John”
- Day 9 (March 17, 2016 – Ardmore, Oklahoma): “Unexpected #2s”
- Day 10 (March 18, 2016 – Dallas, Texas): “What’s the Dealey, yo?”
- Day 11 (March 19, 2016 – Fort Worth, Texas): “Making The Most Of A Single Day”
- Day 12 (March 20, 2016 – Los Angeles, California): “Anxious Moments at DFW”
No users have replied to the content on this page