Well, now I was in a real crisis as I was real worried that I wouldn’t be able to record and report on the remaining 5 weeks left on this trip once the laptop dies out (or has no more power).
I sure hoped that there would be a computer or equipment store somewhere in Colmar or Friedburg (where we were staying tomorrow), but I also had to resign myself to the possibility that I might not have a hard drive anymore if I’m not successful finding a means to keep the laptop alive (mainly the juice that keeps it running).
In the worst case, I suppose I could buy a replacement laptop but I’m sure I was screwed in terms of the apps I’d have to get back that I didn’t readily have the install files and/or credentials for.
And so ended this eventful day though the losing of the power plug on my laptop was definitely not-so-great news. And so I was mentally already in the mindset of finding a stop to find such replacement parts (if they still exist)…
- Day 1-2 (June 13-14, 2018 – Paris, France): “Nostalgic Indulgences”
- Day 3 (June 15, 2018 – Paris, France): “Fighting Fatigue”
- Day 4 (June 16, 2018 – Bacharach, Germany): “Howling Wedding Bells”
- Day 5 (June 17, 2018 – Bacharach, Germany): “Fathers Day at the Romantic Rhine”
- Day 6 (June 18, 2018 – Trier, Germany): “Moseling Around”
- Day 7 (June 19, 2018 – Luxembourg City, Luxembourg): “Flipping Back to French”
- Day 8 (June 20, 2018 – Freiburg, Germany): “Running Out Of Moves…”